Monday, October 6, 2008

What I've been baking

As I have had some free time on my hands, I decided to try my hand at some baking.

Behold, my first ever attempt at bread!





Ok, so maybe between mother and I we got the recipe a little off and left out half the water... just because they are a tad dense and a little misshapen doesn't mean they don't taste good!

An easier task for sure was creme brulee, since I have made it before. However, since I also had a half gallon of cream at my disposal, I was able to do some tweaking to my recipe until I finally created the perfect ratio of cream, vanilla, and egg yolk. The consistency is PERFECT. The crust is a thing of beauty. Bow down to your master!

Close up of the carmelized goodness on top


Yum! Needless to say, we have been eating a lot of creme brulee and bread.

`Danielle

0 comments: