Friday, April 10, 2009

Take that, Martha

So I was watching Martha Stewart this morning, and she was preparing for Easter. Except... not. Mostly she was just showing old clips of previous Easter's past. And Martha, while you have some lovely ideas for decorating, they just aren't in my budget.

You know what I'd love to see? I love to see the episode where Martha moves to Alaska and is unemployed for 8 months and stealing crepe paper streamers out of the garbage at an eight year old's bithday party to make Easter decorations out of.

That's TV I'd pay the cable bill to watch. So you better check you'self, Martha. You've got some holiday decorating competition, and you better believe I'm going to bring it.


See that? That, my friends, is an Easter egg made from a broken wine glass, spent daffodils, an old film canister, some scrap ribbon and a piece of cardboard. Set up on an old shirt and a doily cut from used cardstock. Booya, as my father might say.


Oliver suggested I make a new blog, called "Take That, Martha". I think I might just have to.

It's a GREAT thing.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Awesome! You should lighten up on Martha though... she is getting old.