Saturday, April 4, 2009

Birthday!

BirthdayTryp
You might not have heard the good news, but I had a birthday! Yes, today I turned 23. Wow. How excited do I look?! It should be illegal.
To celebrate, Oliver made me an awesome breakfast of sausage, eggs, homemade breakfast potatoes, and of course strawberries, complete with a birthday throne. He also sneakily made me the World Famous Balckberry Cake! He even called mom to get the recipe... aw! Oliver made me "sleep in" even though I woke up at 7am so he could finish his surprises. "But I'm too excited to sleep..."
Also, Mount Redoubt erupted.
Since the day was actually clear and bright, we hopped into the car and rushed off to the beach for some photos.

OnTheRoad

Doesn't it look imposing?

UsRedoubt

A nice lady took our picture, but the sun was very bright

Beach
The beach in all its ice-chunk glory
Redoubt
Super neat. If you watched really carefully, you could see the ash cloud coiling up very slowly around the peak. This is the first time it has actually been clear enough to see it erupting! I know it isn't lava and dinosaur doom, but I thought it was very cool.
After viewing redoubt, we headed back into town to continue my day of surprises. Stay tuned!
`Danielle


0 comments: