Saturday, March 28, 2009

More activity

Redoubt has been busy. It errupted last night (early this morning) around 1:30am, this afternoon at 1:40pm, then at again at 3:29pm! Here is the latest photo taken near Homer:



And apparently last night during the early morning erruption we also had crazy lightening striking the mountain!


Here is a photo of the ash plume from Homer:


Pretty crazy happenings. Oliver is out shooting his rifle, but since the ash is now supposed to be heading to Soldotna, he is trying to get home. I hope there isn't too much. Messy stuff, that ash.

You can check out more photos (these are all from the avo website) http://www.avo.alaska.edu/volcanoes/volcimage.php?volcname=Redoubt

Love, Danielle

1 comments:

Macks and Knickknacks said...

Wow! That lightening is amazing and strange! I hope you and Oliver are still save and sound. Also, I have added you to my sidebar on my blog. I kept forgetting to. Love ya!